Prosciutto Mushroom Goat Cheese Pizza

I guess very good things truly do take practice.  Taste Tester admitted that in the past, he was "being nice" about my pizzas, and they were alright, but this night and this pizza finally blew him away.

Aside from my nearly being out of yeast, the biggest change to the recipe was to match Scott's moisture ratio of 65 % water.  I measured 1lb of flour, 6.5 lbs of water, and then otherwise it was mostly the same as any of my others: 2.25 tsp yeast (1 packet) , dash of salt, tbsp of honey and oil each...

The toppings are red sauce, a little mozz, prosciutto, fresh green onions, mushrooms marinated in balsamic vinegar, and a topper of goat and feta cheese.

It only rose twice, and my new wooden peel helped.  But the water ratio seemed to be the key.  Taste Tester also moved the stone down a rack, and we had a metal pan on the rack above the stone, which seemed to protect the top of the pizza from burning while also distributing the oven's gas heat evenly.

My outer crust was bubbled and the crumb full of nooks and crannies, and the bottom crust was caramel perfect crisp. It was truly an awesome pizza.

Comments

Popular Posts